JAMES C. GUY

Minister / Counselor

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Enough Time

There never seems to be enough time. Problem is...too many projects. Too much to do. We often say, "I don't have time for...." Then, someone will say, "You have time if you make time." We can't make time. Time just is. God is eternal, but we live in time. We may readjust how we use our time, but cannot make time.

I am trying to work on my dissertation, coach baseball, watch my other kids' baseball, garden, spend time with my wife and family, and then of course the load of "church stuff" to do as a minister. This week I am not preaching (homecoming - guest speaker - Jon Hackett, Jr. from Tuscaloosa) so I figured, "Hey! I'll have more time to get stuff done this week." Yeah, right. I have had the same amount of time as I always have, and as you always have. It's just a matter of how we use it. I do start a new class in Business Ethics with Faulkner University tonight, so that has given me one more thing to do. TIME? I've got it - but can't make it. I just have to make good use of it. Don't do too much; Don't do too little. That's the key I think!
-james

My Latest Articles

1 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger JD said…

    It is hard to intentionally choose what you plan to do with your time. I'm terrible at this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home