JAMES C. GUY

Minister / Counselor

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

New Waters

I set up this blog back in August of 2005 (wow - didn't know it had been that long). But, somehow the idea of putting my innermost thoughts on the internet just doesn't appeal to me. So, don't look for too "innermost" thoughts, but perhaps some slightly more than skin deep. Anyway, why do people blog? Good question huh? Do we want to teach and share? Or is it perhaps for a more "selfish" reason such as having ourselves an "outlet"? I think perhaps both, depending on the person and depending on the day. Anyway, I have read some good blogs that were very helpful and interesting. I have read others about what somebody had for breakfast -- who cares! If I tell you what I had for breakfast...bear with me. But, if that is all I do...ask me to leave!
-james

2 Comments:

  • At 3:27 AM, April 20, 2006, Blogger JD said…

    Hi James. The key is to be REAL. Blogs, in my opinion, are about real life ... what's on your mind ... where did you eat for Breakfast? :) Some may use what you write against you. Others will be refreshed to konw the real James. It's like a marriage ... for better or worse ... we'll read if it is true. The blogs no one wants to read are just parroting pontificating about nothing. I think if we share our hurts, our disappointments, our thoughts that go outside the box at times ... it resonates with people because they say either (1) hey- I think that too or (2) That guy's a kook. Either way, they come back tomorrow to see what's next.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, April 20, 2006, Blogger James C. Guy said…

    Yeah. That's why I want to do a blog. Of course some of the things I want to share....well.....may get me fired.... no- not if they are read in the proper spirit and with and understanding heart....like I said.."could get me fired."

    Really though, I see your blog as YOUR blog. It is for you say what is on your mind isn't it? Almost like saying, "I'm going to write it whether you want to read it or not." In the sidebar, it says "about me." Perhaps a blog is the one place that we selfless, sacrificial, "all about them" preachers can have "about us." But then, we are all about HIM. So that's really what it's all about.
    O.K. I'm done rambling now.
    -james

     

Post a Comment

<< Home